Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Review -- "A Storm of Swords" by George R. R. Martin

 

Oh I am so loving this series. Not excited about how long it takes to get a new book out, but I'll have to hope to live that long!



Series can often die off and each one coast but I LOVE how new characters are deftly introduced, current characters are even FURTHER developed, and story lines are nurtured and expanded and explored. I haven't gotten lost, I haven't gotten stuck, and most important, I haven't gotten bored.



I have, however, gotten a bruise in the crook of my arm from holding the book and staying up way too late reading. The alarm clock is brutal these days.



I can't say enough good things about this series. I'm trying to pace myself, KNOWING how many years I'll have to wait for the final books (only one more to read after this one!) but Martin makes it too easy to devour this stuff.




3 comments:

  1. My husband just got the first three books in this series as a gift. He's loving the first one. I am on the waiting list to read it. Wish he'd hurry up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this series...all the characters. I got my husband hooked on reading it too...and our oldest son. I have a hard time putting this book down too, so much action! I saw the mini series first, then bought the books. The series is so true to the book for the most part and the characters in the series are so perfect for the book characters. Only difference is the imp....but his personality is so perfect! The way I bought the series was through Borders online, and they put all 3 books together so you dont miss a thing! I am on book 2, and there is never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is one of my favorite. Thought I had all the books, and at the end of the last one, found out there were more to come. Can't wait. In my business, cleaning homes, I have a blue tooth headset and can listen to the books while I work, what a way to make the hours go by fast. Fascinating series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!