Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Book Review -- "The Favored Queen" by Carolly Erickson


Three out of Five Stars

I've been spoiled by Sharon Kay Penman and Phillipa Gregory.  While this book was a very quick read, and interesting, it felt far less genuine and not nearly as well written as books by other authors I mentioned.  At the end of the book, Erickson states this is her interpretation, but I wish she'd put that at the BEGINNING of the book.

I have also watched "The Tudors" which of course just glamorized the heck out of things (such as, Henry VIII never got fat).  I've read a lot of fiction AND nonfiction about this era, so while I was enjoying the book, I kept thinking, "that's not right".

I'm not sure I'd recommend this book since there are so many other books that are better.



Photobucket



Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off.  She is the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.

1 comment:

  1. Last night I bought Becoming Marie Antoinette.Have you read it or read any reviews on it.I thought it was the book I read a good review on, but I'm not sure.The author is,Juliet Gray-Her first book I believe.--Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!