Friday, June 3, 2011

Books On My To-Read List

Today I thought I'd share what's on my soon-to-read list.

I just bought this book last night.  I've read everything Augusten Burroughs has written (I adore him), and recently, everything his brother John Elder Robison has written (he approaches Asperger's Syndrome with such wit, empathy, and insight), and now their mother has written a book.  I can't wait to read "The Long Journey Home", to get her side of their incredibly crazily dysfunctional story.



Next, I was excited to learn that Carlos Ruis Zafon has had another of his Young Adult fiction books translated into English -- "The Midnight Palace".  I've read all his other books (my favorite being "The Shadow of the Wind", so I'm going to be using my Barnes and Noble coupon on this one!



I've read "Watership Down" before, but I can't remember it, except that it has rabbits in it. And that's sad.  So I must read it again.



And let's do one more (because seriously?  Click here and you'll see what all I have on my "want to read" list).  This one looks really interesting.  "The Zookeeper's Wife" is a true story in which the keepers of a Warsaw, Poland zoo saved hundreds of people from Nazi hands.  Now, a lot of people don't like to read anything at all about the Holocaust, but I read quite a lot of WWII stuff and it's enlightening and inspiring and if you approach it with that sort of mindset, it can be a wonderful read.


I hope these sound interesting to you, and if you aren't on GoodReads, click here and join me!



Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off.  She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene.  She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.



2 comments:

  1. Oooh...so excited to hear about "The Long Journey Home"! I've read all of Augusten Burrough's books as well,and have his brother John's "Look Me In The Eye" on my shelf, waiting for me. Their mother's book is sure to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you an Ann Patchett fan? I have loved all of her books and she has a new one. So excited to read it as I recover from this hip surgery. ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!